Riding Upper Mustang in Nepal on a motorcycle is just epic!
A motorcycle adventure that moves all your senses: this is the jewel in the crown among our tours.
The Upper Mustang area is close to the border with China and only a few tourist per year are allowed in this truly undiscovered area.
This tour leads you to places where not many people have been, especially not on a motorcycle. With the Himalayan mountains and its 8000+ m. / 26.000+ ft peaks, it's hard to keep your eyes from those breath-taking mountains.
Via Pokhara we ride up to Lo-Manthang, the ancient walled city in Upper Mustang and back, all the way to Kathmandu.
Some travels are memorable for their riding;
Some for the scenery or rich cultural experience;
Upper Mustang is a rare example of being memorable for all of that!"
~ Wolfgang Miedl (Nepal, Oct 2019)
Read about our tour article in BRAKE MAGAZINE here >>>
You will be staying in simple and basic guest-houses when up in the Mustang but when in Kathmandu and Pokhara you will dwell in some well earned luxury.
This tour is for riders with some off-road experience as we ride through a variety of terrains. Because of the higher altitudes we'll ride on, you'll need a good general condition as well.
You will experience water crossings, rocky de/ascents, and some dusty gravel roads on a light Honda 250 cc bike.
If this sounds still exciting – you're more than happy to join this fantastic tour!
High-lights Upper Mustang tour:
- Explore Upper Mustang, Tibet's lost forbidden Kingdom – more remote you can not get!
- Ride the Himalayas – Tibetan plateau on 4600 m. - Annapurna mountains
- Visit Lo-Manthang – the walled city and capital of Upper Mustang
- Kathmandu – with Thamel, its buzzing city centre
- Guided tour to Swoyambhunath ("Monkey Temple") and Pashupatinath (sacred Hindu cremation temple) in Kathmandu
- Visit Chosur - 2000 years old caves with 5 floors and 84 rooms!
- Drink tea with traditional nomadic yak herders
- The coloured mountains of Dhakmar
- Gar Ghumpa - Mustang's oldest active monastery
- Muktinath – Sacred Hindu temple at 4000 m.
- Ride through the world's deepest gorge: Kali Gandaki Gorge
- Ride up to Kora La, the Tibet/Chinese border at 4600 m (if allowed by local police).
- Day trip to a very remote Mustang village with a hidden treasure (yes, you'll feel like Indiana Jones ;)