Riding Upper Mustang in Nepal on a motorcycle is just epic!
A motorcycle adventure that moves all your senses: this is the jewel in the crown among our tours.
The Upper Mustang area is close to the border with China and only a few tourist per year are allowed in this truly undiscovered area.
This tour leads you to places where not many people have been, especially not on a motorcycle. With the Annapurna mountains and its 8000 m. peaks, it's hard to keep your eyes from those breath-taking Himalayas.
From Kathmandu we ride up to Lo-Manthang, the ancient walled city in Upper Mustang and back, all the way to Pokhara.
Some travels are memorable for their riding;
Some for the scenery or rich cultural experience;
Upper Mustang is a rare example of being memorable for all of that!"
~ Wolfgang Miedl (Nepal, Oct 2019)
Read about our tour article in BRAKE MAGAZINE here >>>
You will be staying in simple and basic guest-houses when up in the Mustang but when in Kathmandu and Pokhara you will dwell in some well earned luxury.
This tour is not for unexperienced riders as we ride through a variety of tough terrains, so you will need a good general condition and offroad riding skills.
You will experience water crossings, rocky ascents, and some dusty gravel roads on a light Honda 250 cc dirt bike.
If this sounds still exciting – you're more than happy to join this fantastic tour!
High-lights Upper Mustang tour:
- Explore Upper Mustang, Tibet's lost forbidden Kingdom – more remote you can not get!
- Ride the Himalayas – Tibetan plateau on 4600 m. - Annapurna mountains
- Visit Lo-Manthang – the walled city and capital of Upper Mustang
- Kathmandu – with Thamel, its buzzing city centre
- Guided tour to Swoyambhunath ("Monkey Temple") and Pashupatinath (sacred Hindu cremation temple) in Kathmandu
- Visit Chosur - 2000 years old caves
- Drink tea with nomadic yak herders
- The coloured mountains of Dhakmar
- Gar Ghumpa - Mustang's oldest active monastery
- Muktinath – Sacred Hindu temple at 4000 m.
- Ride through the world's deepest gorge: Kali Gandaki Gorge
- Ride up to Kora La, the Tibet/Chinese border at 4600 m.